Apr 7, 2010

Skinny Love

I have to admit that I am quite the worst fashion blogger on earth. And to make up for it, I'm writing a rather long blog on the fall fashion shows.

I'm quite happy that THE color for this fall is camel brown. Always a chic and great color to play with :) I'm quite disappointed that Calvin Klein didn't use this color in its fall line. I would've thought he did something wonderful with it.

Aquascutum Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear
Here Aquascutum did quite a few camel coat that are brilliantly executed. I particularly love this one even though its so plain. Something about the simplicity that adds to the mysteriousness of it.

Among many fashion shows I've searched on style.com, Elie Saab is one of the most enjoyable ones I must say. The fashion label may not have the most original ideas but certainly did a great job on the shoulders.

Elie Saab Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearElie Saab Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear
I love the cut in the left photo. Sexy in a subtle manner.
The drape from the right shoulder to the left is quite dreamy in the right photo.

Elie Saab Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearElie Saab Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear
I'm quite the anti-fur activist but I have to say that it goes very well with this plain dress. Must be something with the colors.
I love the contrast between the bare arm with a fully covered one. May put this idea into my prom dress hmmmm.

Elie Saab Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearElie Saab Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear
Again, I love the contrast, especially with the sheer cloth which seems to make it so much sexier.
I don't know how practical it would be to wear the dress on the left but it is so beautiful to watch.

In all, I think Elie Saab gave quite a wide range of choices this fall, from flow dreamy dresses to balmain-like rip and torn dresses (not pictured), all which makes me gaga. Definitely gave me some inspiration on the prom dress.

White is always another preferable color to many others but layering with it quite a challenge. Erin Wasson x RVCA is a brand I love very much, especially with my favorite fashion blogger @fashiontoast being one of their models / designers. This fall, they chose to use a lot of neutral white colors and like always, they make the coolest, effortless looks.

Erin Wasson x RVCA Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear
This outfit is amazing. I would wear that everyday (minus the bra on top, might cause a lot of stares walking around in Hong Kong with it).

Walking into House of Holland, aka House of Fun, is like going to a more mature version of Victoria Secret's fashion show. It always stay flirty, which makes it really stand out from other oh-so-serious shows.

House of Holland Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearHouse of Holland Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear
Just awesome. Wish I have the daring heart to wear that outside.
I would think twice before slipping into the dress on the left after watching the Ross-leather-chaos episode of Friends. But leather or not, I love it.

I wouldn't even begin talking about how funky Jeremy Scott's fall is. Doesn't make it less loveable.

Marchesa has done a brilliant job creating the most dreamy, fairy tale line for this fall. I don't know why style.com doesn't offer a runway collection photos but the purpleish background and pale white skin of the models make the dresses so much prettier.

Marchesa Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearMarchesa Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear
Love the flower pattern across the breast area, and the stockings are to die for. I'm not kidding, my heart stopped a bit after seeing that detailed pattern on those mile-long legs.
The dress on the left is just dreamy. It's sort of like lingerie meets ball-gown. SO sexy.

When I first looked at Rebecca Taylor's show, I imagined Alexa Chung sitting in front row clapping her hands off. This fall, the line consists mostly the preppy, basic looks that fit Alexa so well.

Rebecca Taylor Fall 2010 Ready-to-WearRebecca Taylor Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear
The dress and shoes in particular I loveeeee!
The outfit I myself is trying to master.

Quite a long blog and I'll try to update as much as possible. But with exams coming in less than a month I don't think I would have time for it. Ah but summer is only two months away, wait for me babies! xx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely blog. Great write-ups. Gorgeous photos
    http://seraluxe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://dariadonatophotography.blogspot.com/
    http://dariadonatophotography.blogspot.com/

    i love skinny people, especially models

    ReplyDelete